Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2: Week 1 Day 2 & 3

Hello!

I have two cards to share today based on the below color scheme and sketches from week 1 of Summer Card Camp 2.



First up is a card inspired by the watercolor technique Shari Carroll used in the Week 1 Day 2 lesson as well as the first and second sketches above.  I colored a stamp from the Hero Arts brush strokes set with Gelatos, spritzed with water and dragged it across some water color paper (repeated this same process for each color).  Then I die cut the banner and adhered really well to the front of the card since the paper was warping a little.  For the sentiment I used the MFT happy birthday die set.    

Supplies: watercolor paper, Gelatos, Hero Arts brush strokes stamp set, SC Corey add-on, MFT Die-Namics Happy Birthday, Papertreyink wine bottle tag die, sequins

Next up is a card inspired by Kelly Purkey's masked background card from Week 1 Day 3 and the third sketch above.  First I cut a 4''x2.75'' rectangle out of masking paper and placed it in the center of the card front.  Then I stamped the honeycomb border in Hero Arts butter bar ink and removed the masking paper.  Then I used a cloud stencil, a dauber and some Hero Arts soft pool ink for the middle background.  I used my Martha Stewart scoring board to make the outline of the border more defined.  Then I finished the card off with the bee image and sentiment.  

Supplies: Inkadinkado mask paper, Impress Rubber Stamps honeycomb background, Hero Arts butter bar and soft pool ink, Versafine onyx ink, Martha Stewart scoring board, Papertreyink orange zest cardstock, SSS circle friends stamp set, SSS sentiment of be die and stamp set, SSS mini hearts die, stardust stickles

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment