Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Background Stamps & Stamping on Texture

Hello.

Another fabulous Online Card Class just started: Stretch Your Stamps.  Day 1 focused on background stamps, in particular the lattice background from Studio Calico.

I love this background stamp so I decided to make two different cards using it.

For the first card, I heat embossed the lattice design in white and then went over the cardstock with peacock feathers distress ink (love this color!).  I really wanted to pair the teal color with yellow, so decided to make a sun.  I used a wonderful die/stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  Then I cut out a tag shape and stamped a sentiment from Studio Calico's new Heyday stamp sets.

Supplies: Studio Calico Lattice Background Stamp, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, Papertrey Ink Hello Sunshine Stamp/Die Sets, Technique Tuesday Bring on the Sun Stamp Set, Studio Calico Heyday Sentiments Stamp Set, Prima Chalk Fluid Edger - Rusty Keys, White Embossing Powder, Black Versamark Ink

For the second card, I decided to use the "kissing" method discussed in the class.  I inked up the thank you stamp then "kissed" it with the lattice background.  Loved how it turned out.


Supplies: Heyday 6x6 Paper Pack, Stamp from Studio Calico Malibu Add-On, Prima Chalk Fluid Edgers - Coltfoot Stemens and Teal Damask, EK Success Border Punch, Studio Calico Lattice Background Stamp

Stamping on Texture
I also made a card for the Make it Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink.  The challenge was to stamp on texture.  I had never done this before so it was a bit challenging for me to figure out a embossing plate and stamp pair that I wanted to use.  First I dry embossed a 4.25x5.5in piece of white cardstock with the Papertrey Ink chicken wire embossing plate.  Then I stamped the wooden background on the raised portions.  It didn't stamp perfectly but I do like how it turned out, feels more rustic.  I cut out a tag shape and used that as an embellishment for the card.


Supplies: Papertrey Ink Chicken Wire Embossing Plate, Papertrey Ink On the Farm Stamp Set, Papertrey Ink On the Farm Die Set, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy Cardstock, Papertrey Ink Background Basics: Farm & Barn Stamp Set, Stampabilities Mesh Background Stamp, Marvy Uchida Tag Punch, Edge Distressing Tool, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Black Versamark Ink

 Hope you enjoyed. 
     

7 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the sunshine card - it looks as though it is up in a glorious blue sky. Great interpretation of the other techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking the online card class too and I love what you did with the day 1 techniques and stamps! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag for the PTI challenge - great pairing of embossing plate & stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just TOO cute! Congrats on the shout out from Nichole-well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards! Love the sweet ducky and all the different textures you used for this one:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! especially the ducky card.loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That duck is just so darn cute. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete