Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hello Sunshine

Hello.

After a torrential downpour yesterday, the sun decided to make an appearance today so I thought I would try to incorporate that into a card.

I used items from the new Heyday collection from Studio Calico.  The colors are perfect for summer, very bright and cheery. 

 
To achieve the sun ray effect, I masked off portions of a paper from the 6x6 Heyday paper pack and misted with Buttercup Mister Huey's.  To create the mask, I started with a 4.25in x 5.5in piece of scrap paper, then determined where I wanted the rays to come from and drew lines with a ruler.  I labeled which pieces would be yellow to make it easier to piece together after cutting them all apart.  This is a technique I saw Kristina Werner use HERE


I added a mistable sun, sprayed the entire card lightly with Sherbet Mister Huey's and stamped a sentiment from Ali Edwards Bring on the Sun.  I finished the card off by adding dotted lines along the edges.



Hope you enjoyed, I'm off to soak up some sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment