Thursday, June 28, 2012

4th of July

Hello.

I can't believe June is almost over, which got me thinking I need to make some 4th of July cards.


After seeing so many people do the tie-dye effect with Distress Inks, I thought I would give it a try.  First I stamped the tail behind the star with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I rubbed some Barn Door and Faded Jean Distress Inks on my craft mat, added water and soaked up the color with a piece of 4.25in x 5.5in white cardstock.  I think watercolor paper would have worked better but I still love how it turned out.  The background had a sky feel so I decided to use stars to embellish the card (and of course stars are very 4th of July!). 




Supplies: Papertrey Ink Star Dies, Papertrey Ink Super Stars Stamp Set, Barn Door Distress Ink, Faded Jean Distress Ink, Distress Embossing Ink, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy Cardstock, White Embossing Powder, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, EK Success Photo Labels Punch, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy button, Uni-ball White Gel Pen, and savvystamps happy fourth of july stamp (could not find a link for it)

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment